If you’re looking for a fun and adventurous trip from Delhi, Manali is a great option. The scenic beauty, pleasant weather, and various adventure activities make it an ideal destination for a perfect getaway. However, planning a Delhi to Manali trip requires some preparation and research to ensure a comfortable and hassle-free journey. In this guide, we will take you through the various aspects of planning a memorable Delhi to Manali trip, including the best time to visit, mode of transportation, accommodation, and activities to do.
Best Time to Visit Manali from Delhi
Manali is a year-round destination, but the best time to visit is from March to June when the weather is pleasant, and you can indulge in various adventure activities like paragliding, rafting, and trekking. However, if you’re looking for snowfall, then December to February is the ideal time to visit. The monsoon season from July to September should be avoided as landslides and roadblocks are common.
Mode of Transportation
One of the most important aspects of planning a Delhi to Manali trip is deciding the mode of transportation. While you can drive your car, it is a long journey of about 550 km, and the roads can be challenging, especially during monsoons and winters. Additionally, the cost of fuel and tolls can add up. Another option is to take a bus, but it can be crowded and uncomfortable.
The most convenient and comfortable way to travel from Delhi to Manali is by hiring a tempo traveller. Tempo traveller hire in Delhi is readily available, and you can choose from a range of options based on your budget and requirements. A tempo traveller is spacious and can accommodate up to 12 people, making it an ideal choice for a family or a group of friends. It also comes equipped with amenities like air conditioning, music system, and comfortable seats, making your journey more enjoyable.
Manali has several options for accommodation, ranging from budget-friendly hostels to luxury resorts. Depending on your budget and preference, you can choose from a range of options. However, it is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Activities to Do
Manali has something to offer for everyone, whether you’re an adventure enthusiast or someone who enjoys a leisurely stroll amidst nature. Some of the must-do activities in Manali include:
- Solang Valley: A popular destination for adventure activities like paragliding, zorbing, and skiing.
- Rohtang Pass: A scenic drive that offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas and opportunities for snow activities like skiing and snowboarding.
- Hadimba Temple: A beautiful temple dedicated to Goddess Hadimba, with intricate carvings and a peaceful atmosphere.
- Vashisht Hot Springs: A natural hot water spring where you can relax and rejuvenate.
- Old Manali: A charming village with quaint cafes, shops, and a relaxed vibe.
Additionally, you can also go for trekking, camping, and river rafting in Manali.
- Best time to visit Manali from Delhi: The best time to visit Manali from Delhi is between April to June and September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and you can enjoy outdoor activities like trekking, paragliding, and river rafting.
- Things to do in Manali: Manali offers a range of activities for adventure enthusiasts, nature lovers, and culture seekers. You can go trekking in the Himalayas, indulge in adventure sports like paragliding and river rafting, visit ancient temples and monasteries, or simply relax amidst scenic views.
- Places to visit in Manali: Manali is home to several popular tourist attractions like Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Hadimba Temple, Vashisht Hot Springs, and Manu Temple. These places offer a glimpse into the rich history, culture, and natural beauty of the region.
- How to reach Manali from Delhi: Manali can be reached by road, rail, and air. The most convenient and popular way to reach Manali from Delhi is by road. You can either hire a private car or take a tempo traveller on rent in Delhi to reach Manali comfortably and conveniently.
Budget-friendly accommodation options in Manali: Manali has several budget-friendly accommodation options like guesthouses, hostels, and homestays. These options offer a comfortable stay at affordable prices and are perfect for budget-conscious travelers.
- Famous food to try in Manali: Manali is famous for its local cuisine, which includes dishes like Dham, Sidu, and Thukpa. You can also try popular snacks like momos and samosas, which are available in local markets.
- Precautions to take while travelling from Delhi to Manali: While travelling from Delhi to Manali, it is essential to take precautions like carrying warm clothes, keeping yourself hydrated, and avoiding overexertion. You should also carry necessary medicines and consult a doctor before embarking on the trip.
- Benefits of hiring a tempo traveller for Delhi to Manali trip: Hiring a tempo traveller is a convenient and cost-effective way to travel from Delhi to Manali. It offers a comfortable and spacious ride, and you can travel in a group, making it an ideal option for families or large groups of friends.
- Popular tourist activities to indulge in Manali: Some of the popular tourist activities to indulge in Manali include trekking, river rafting, paragliding, skiing, and camping. These activities offer an adrenaline rush and an opportunity to explore the natural beauty of the region.
- Tips for a safe and enjoyable trip to Manali from Delhi: To ensure a safe and enjoyable trip to Manali from Delhi, you should plan your itinerary in advance, book your accommodation and transport beforehand, carry essential items like warm clothes, medicines, and snacks, and follow all safety precautions while indulging in adventure activities.